Have you found yourself in a situation where you online reputation is damaged? If so, you will need to know how to fix it, because you may as well give up on your business without a good reputation. Doing so, however, is quite difficult. After all, managing to push negative comments to the third Google SERP, which is how far it needs to go for people to stop noticing it, seems like an impossible task.
Reputation management is serious business. It is all too easy for people to attack a company nowadays, with some so-called ‘keyboard warriors’ actually making a sport out of it. Unfortunately, they are pretty good at this sport and that means that businesses have to fight attacks from lots of different corners. When somebody sees a negative review, they accept it as being true, instead of looking deeper into the issue and determining whether or not there really is any truth in it. You are the one that has to take action, therefore.
Because online reputation is so important, there are now many companies that focus specifically on helping businesses maintain or restore theirs. If you find yourself in a position that you need their help, you must look into what they offer so they can best help you.
Features of a Good Reputation Management Company
A good reputation management company should offer the following:
- They should be proactive. This means that they put measures in place to boost your reputation, whether you are under attack from negative reviews or not.
- They should be reactive. This means that, if you do receive negative reviews, they have processes in place to help you mitigate that damage.
They should achieve this through a number of different services. These services include:
- Monitoring your online presence and brand image. They should look in various sources, from your own social media profiles to internet review websites such as Yelp to see what people are saying about you.
- Attract people who complain to your business website. This will give you an opportunity to publicly address their issues and discuss what can be done to improve their experience. The benefit for you of that is that customers who read the reviews will then also see that you have done all you can to resolve the issue.
- Help you respond to negative comments. Some businesses have a tendency to simply delete the bad, but you will get found out about this, and you can only delete things from your own site. Responding properly is far more important.
- Help you request follow up reports. Those who leave reviews are always allowed to update or change it. Hence, if they had a bad experience, but you have been able to resolve it, or they have been happy with your attempts to resolve it, they can post a follow up review or even edit their existing review.
A lot of the work around reputation management is customer service, in other words.