Many businesses are taking everything to the success succumb to failure.
The first reaction is to seek thousand external explanations for the cause of failing to survive the hostile business environment.
That if the crisis that if prices, there is too much competition, so … But it is a proven fact that the main cause enemy No. 1 and made successful businesses is the comfort of those who lead them.
Today, in addition to diagnosing this dangerous “disease” I will try to offer a treatment to combat and immunize in order to build healthier companies.
If the owners are enthusiastic, persevering and disciplined, partners and employees will be so. On the other hand, if the management of a company and its middle managers tend to be neglected, conformist and not very aggressive, surely this company has secured a place on the pedestal of mediocrity. Justify failures it is only a sign of comfort which often do not realize.
Some symptoms of business convenience
- You wake up late afternoon and introduce yourself to your business
- Spend too much time on irrelevant activities
- Spend very little time planning
- No selling and expect your salespeople do
- You always have an “adequate” justification for your poor performance
- Invest little effort in creating strategies to improve your income
- You have not read a single book of business in the last 6 months
- You spend a lot, sell short
- You feel unmotivated and you’re considering changing business
- Your employees are unmotivated
- The treatment of your customers is poor and leaves much to be desired
- Close your business ahead of the competition
As you can see, these are only some of the more obvious symptoms that can be seen in entrepreneurs who have fallen in comfort. Many times, the comfort to think that things have a course that can not be changed.
Treatment for comfort in business
Of course, like medical treatments that require injections or syrups which most times are not palatable, fight comfort in business requires perseverance and hard work because it is a disease that weakens structures and traps companies. So overcome, it is a big challenge.
It starts today and takes your business to new levels:
- Aim yourself working 5 hours a week
- Open your business before your competitors and closes later they
- Make sure you have a customer service exceptional
- Read at least 3 business books a year
- Buy a sales course and share it with your collaborators
- Attend a motivational seminar
- Check your costs and more conservative
- Is the best seller of your company
- Motivates and rewards employees with the best attitude
- Convince yourself that the crisis is really an opportunity
- Always talk positive things about your business
- With these simple tips, I am sure that soon begin to see better results and your wallet will be the best witness. Just say
- NO to comfort, laziness and vague justifications. A business is the result of a great effort, perseverance and built based on the greatness of their owners. I wish you a successful week.